Sunday, March 7, 2010

Women Atheists

I was reading comments on the Friendly Atheist, and someone made a point that most Atheists that are 'out there' are male, older, and not really-run-of-the-mill. This was in response to Julia Sweeny getting married and dropping the 'atheist label'.

He or she asked to think of an atheist, I'm presuming in the public sphere.

I thought of two females right of the bat, and both are normal women who left because it was healthy for them to do so - at least from what I understand. I don't know them, so you can't really take what I say as truth, just my opinion.

One is 'the Whore of All The Earth', a reference to 1 NEPHI 14:10, which says any woman who isn't with the Church is a whore. Her real name is Leah Elliot and she is a blogger.

The other is ZOMGitsCriss. Her name is Cristina Rad, and she is a Youtuber. Both are brilliant but normal, both are female, and both are not old.

Oh, and then there's us, but we're not famous enough to count. We're both female, young (23 and 18 to be exact) and Atheists.

Am I normal? Well, my imagination is quite, erm... elaborate :).

Let's not get into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment